Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Introducing my texture pack!


Hello, welcome back to Across The Map!

A while ago, I started work on a texture pack I called FreshCraft. Just recently, I've done some work, and decided it was worthy of being shown off here, at Across The Map. The current version (as of this post) is 0.1.7. It is unfinished, so sorry, no download available yet. This post contains screenshots comparing FreshCraft to the default game textures.


First, a small house.


Default



FreshCraft

 My aim with this texture pack is to make the textures look smooth, close to the defaults, and vibrant.
I hope the jungle wood planks aren't too pink for you guys. This was the best shade I could find, which is actually darker than what it used to be. I made it darker because the color was obnoxiously bright.

All the different trees currently in the game.
As of right now, the saplings use the default texture.

Default

FreshCraft



This was my glowstone texture test. Not much to see here, but it looks cool.

Default




FreshCraft

At least I have an excuse about why I made glowstone look the way it does, now.
The first time I'd ever seen glowstone was in Paulsoaresjr's Minecraft Alpha tutorial about the Nether. When he looked up at the ceiling, there were some glowstone stalactites hanging. I remember thinking: wow. That stuff is amazing! The YouTube video was kinda low-quality, so I never got a good look. Until I'd seen it up close, this is how I imagined it to look. Personally, I think they look supremely glow-rified in my texture pack.. ;)

By the way, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YhBkVfQ5jE&feature=context-shows&list=SL
(Note: these tutorials are very old. Some things taught no longer work, and there is a lot that is not covered. (Some are so old, there are no biomes!) If you need a tutorial, follow seasons 2 and above.)


Moving on, here's a dungeon and some mobs I spawned. (Actually, I built this one.)

Default

FreshCraft


Typical Minecraft terrain. Just in case you wanted to see.

Default

  FreshCraft


Last but not least, ze Nethah!

Default


FreshCraft

Well, that's it for today! I hope you liked seeing my texture pack. Oh, yes. I'll be putting up a poll asking whether or not I should use FreshCraft in my screenshots. As always, comments are appreciated, and thanks for stopping by!
See you all next post. Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs