Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Building a forge in Stardust Valley

Hello! Welcome back to Across the Map!
I'm here at my trading post to build a forge, based off of Paulsoaresjr's Acme corp. forge. Let's get started!


Doorway: check! Now on to planning out the inside.

It's a little later. I just went to go get some bricks, and I found this guy while patrolling at night! Right now, he seems to be obsessed with my wall.(Actually, I buried my villagers in there so they don't get killed by him.)


Okay, so on the left wall, we can have some chest storage shelves. On the right wall, we'll place the crafting table and anvil. In the center, I'm gonna put some furnaces. Looks a bit odd, don't you think? You'll see why in a moment.


Boy, did these cost a lot of cobblestone!

Here's the scoop: I wanted to put a wall of lava in front of the furnaces. I thought it'd be cool if I made it seem like you were using the lava to melt the metal, and carve it into the shape of the tool head.
It may not be necessary, but I placed a dirt block below where I'm gonna pour the lava to make sure it spreads the way I want it to. The railing is just another safety feature.


Pouring the lava!

Yes, good.

 Now if we remove the dirt... Perfect!
I have to say, it kinda looks like a slice of those Nether fortresses we all love.

Anyways, I'll go move some furniture in here, and I'll show you guys the finished product!

Before that, enjoy today's...

Impromptu bonus screenshot of the day!

My caption: Diamond, the potted mushroom is not a nest!

And here it is! Now, I have a good smelting spot, and an appropriate place to keep an anvil!

Well, that's it for today! As always, comments are appreciated, and thanks for stopping by!
See you all next post. Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs