Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tour of my Survival Single-Player world - part 3

Welcome back to my tour of my world. Today, I am going to be covering some of the more distant areas of my world, and showing off the interior of my two towers. Today, I will be traveling with portals in and out of the Nether, so please don't get confused when I travel dimensions.

First, I think I'll show off the interior of Stardust Tower and Demonsplash Tower, for those of you that want to see.

Stardust Tower - first floor



Stardust Tower - second floor




I'm sure some of you would like to see inside my chests. If so, here are some of my more important chests:


Main floor chest:




Second floor chest:



Music Disc Chests:


          Extra disc chest:


My enderchest universal contents:

Potion chest - Demonsplash tower: (first floor)





Crafting station chest - Demonsplash Tower:  (first floor)











Okay, now that I'm done showing off my loot, On to the interior of Demonsplash Tower.



Laboratory (First floor)


Library (second floor)

Bedroom (third floor)

Oh, yeah. those are my two cats, Shadow and Potion. 




Guest bedroom (also third floor)



Now that the boring stuff is done, Let's enter the Nether!
I went back to Stardust Valley for the night. I Got my flint and steel, and am now ready for an adventure!


My Nether portal, next to a night shelter. I built this one myself, and was able to get away without the corners. The Nether one only has corners because it was auto-generated, and Minecraft always generates portals with the corners.


Here we are! This is the Nether equivalent of my portal in the normal world. I will be heading down that tunnel in the corner.



Alright, I made it to our next destination. I came from WAAY up there. I decended using a gravel pillar that I left when I was last here. Here, I'll show you guys where I am.


Here it is! This is what I came for. This is an old portal that generated when I  first came to the Nether. Of course, I lived at a different location, back then. However, this portal is inactive. I'll light it with my flint and steel lighter in a moment. Actually, The reason it is deactivated is, because, the original portal setup was kinda wonky. To fix it, I went in with a map editor and removed the swirly portal blocks from all my portals. The portals work normally now, and I have re-lit the one at the nether fortress, which I come to for certain materials some times. I wanted to teleport to the main world from there, but I haven't had a reason to re-light this one, so it remains unlit.


For those of you that have Nether ; D seen the Nether, allow me to explain this place. The Nether is a dark, spooky realm, as you can see. This red stuff is Netherrack, a stone that is native to the Nether. It is quite easy to mine, not very blast resistant, and when lit, will burn forever, though fire will never spread to it from another block. That gold, glowing rock is glowstone. It is glass-like in nature. When broken, it disintegrates into glowstone dust, which can be used to make potions stronger, or can be used to re-assemble the block. The creatures that live here are ghasts, large ghost-like creatures that shoot fireballs when they see you, and Zombie pigmen, neutral creatures that only attack you if you hurt one, or if one sees another get hurt, Magma Cubes, uncommon, burgundy slime-like creatures that will attack you on sight, and Blazes, yellow, alien-ish creatures that are nothing but a head, body of smoke, and a few rotating rods around their smoke body. Blazes can shoot fireballs too, but unlike the ghast.

 So, that`s the Nether in a nutshell. Now, back to my portal.


Here we are out in the normal world, out on the big, ol' tundra. In front of me is some floating snow. It is not allowed to do this, and any nearby block change will cause it to vanish.
 The nearest portal with the netherrack around the base is the first portal I ever built. The back one... the game created it, but that's a long story.  ...Fine, I'll tell, but quickly.
 When I tried to fix the portals before, by breaking my original portal, because I thought it would connect to the one in Stardust Valley, the game made that one instead.
Right behind me is our next point of interest. Let's head over there!



Bingo! This is my old hidey hole. Oh, the memories!
I actually spent quite a while living here. I have some wolves here that I tamed a long time ago, too.
Okay, Here's my story. When you spawn in this world, the taiga is behind your back. So, when I first generated this world, I ran off into the tundra, not knowing it existed. I built my first shelter in that cliff, following Paulsoaresjr's instructions from an outdated tutorial he made on minecraft.net. About a month or so later, I saw the taiga on a mapping tool, and walked there. Eventually, I ended up discovering a mountain beginning to generate on the same mapping tool. I walked there, and ended up building Stardust Valley, and everything went from there.


The main room of my hide-y hole, or as I like to call the place, Fire Hill.


The area behind my hill.

The front entrance, where the original coal vein was. I did try to decorate.

The cave where my first diamonds were found, and an unfinished rail to an old cabin, way out on the tundra. The taiga is in the opposite direction the rail goes. This photo was taken just in front of Fire Hill.

The back entrance of the hide-y hole.

Well, this ends my tour. I don't have any plans of going to the abandoned cabin, so sorry if you wanted to see it. If I go there, (Which I have no reason to,) I will for sure write about it. I am going to portal back to Stardust Valley now, and take my first diamond and wooden pickaxe with me, to go in my memories/trophy collection back at Stardust Tower.

See you next post! Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs