Friday, October 19, 2012

Tour of my survival single-player world - part 1

So, time for the tour I promised to do of my world. Sorry I couldn't get to this sooner, due to some internet connection issues, and some unplanned server time with my sister, Fire_Cat2000.

Here are some photos of her on the server, just in case you want to see her.



 Me (left) and Fire_Cat (right), together on the server. Her shop (Sky resources) can be seen in the back. She sells natural materials from the surface.


Fire_Cat jumping down her favorite hill, to our home. She is flashing red in mid-air because of server lag.

(Note: these photos were taken on a different computer than the one I am using to operate the blog, a Windows XP laptop, which needs to have smooth lighting off in order to achieve a decent framerate.)

Well, let's load the world, and get started! I'll meet you at the spawnpoint with some speed potions.


Okay, this may longer than I planned. Had to make a run to my brewing lair, Demonsplash tower, for more potions. Here's a photo of it that I took recently.

Here I am at the spawn point. It is on a tundra, just outside a taiga biome. Head toward the taiga to find the next point of interest.
This right here is an old, brick cabin that I built back in Minecraft 1.0. I don't come here often anymore, and the snow and ice kinda ruined it. I used to boat around on the lake, and fish with my pet wolf. good memories. :)
 These days, I will come here to mine in the cave that is somewhere behind this cabin. Players I  invite on have/may come here to sleep, on their way to Stardust Valley.


Actually, the boat is still here! It is just frozen under the ice! also, the wolf here is not the one who used to live here. This is Ralph, the first wolf  I ever tamed. Yeah, his name is a Looney Toons reference.



Now, we are going to head north along the lake. Up next, my current settlement.


Hey, look! Minecraft has treated us to a glitch! Feel free to try to figure out what everything is inside the error. :)



Here we are! Welcome to Stardust Valley. Here are all my farms, and what-not.


Now, let's head up to my main base. We will be going through this glass tunnel to get upstairs. Allow me to talk a little bit about it. This used to be a normal cave. It was always used as a staircase, but one day, I decided to renovate it to be more safe, so I could stay in the valley longer, and not get attacked.
It's not a very special creation, but it serves its purpose.




 Oh, yeah, and what a view it has!

This area used to be exposed to the sky. I would climb out here, and make a dash to my base. But now, we can just take that bottom door. It leads to my redstone lab.

 Here's the lab. I don't use it much anymore, at least redstone.


Coming upthe ladder, this is just a small storage room. The door is behind me. outside is a murder hole chamber, which isn't that important. I'll skip to upstairs.Oops, that cheating kit is empty, and I admit cheating before. :p

There you have it! This is Stardust tower. It is my ultimate landmark, and main base.



Meet Diamond the chicken. She is my pet. Right now, she is chilln' in her backyard coop.
I'm aware the idea of a pet chicken is a little weird,  and I did have pet wolves, but wolves attack anything that attacks you, cats weren't in the game at the time, (or, it may have been because I was waiting for cocoa beans to be added to the jungle.) So, I decided to go with a chicken.



Whoo! That took a good while! That's it for Stardust Valley! Next post, or if I update this post later, I will get to some of the more distant areas. Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs