Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Reflection for Feedback: My Three Survival Worlds

Note: If you are a random person browsing the web, I'd suggest you move along to something more interesting. (I'd happily welcome you next post, which will be next week, or the one after!) This post mostly goes out to anybody who happens to actually have interest in my blog, which is probably like 2-3 people. :t

Hello, I'm N8thanH, and welcome back to Across the Map. Grab a drink, and get comfortable. If you plan on actually reading all this, which I would honestly fist-bump you for, you will be here a while.

For today's post, I feel like asking anyone who happens to be a fan of my blog about the three survival maps that I've had throughout my time playing Minecraft, mostly regarding my YouTube channel. I do want to get a Let's Play going again, and I do have ideas this time. I'm just not sure what map I want to do it on.

So, first things first: the second oldest map that I have and first to have extensively played: Stardust.

This world has almost no redstone technology whatsoever; a small minecart rail at most. Ah, the simplicity... I would spend a whole short session tending the many farms in this world.
I've had this map for literally years, but I still think that this tower, Demonsplash Tower, looks kinda cool. It looks like chocolate layer cake... Darn it, now I'm hungry for cake, the one time we don't have any. :P


If anyone has followed me for the full lifetime of this blog, then they'd remember this old world. I never accomplished a ton on it, and the tower you see in the above screenshot is the largest build I ever attempted on that world. The building phase of it lasted a couple months.

Map Status - Stardust:
Personal Accomplishments:
 -Iron work tools
 -Potions
 -A Nether Portal
 -Fully equipped Enchantment Table
 -An inefficient experience farm
 -About 20 diamonds, a stack or so of iron, and a decent amount of other ore products
 -All farm-able crops

List of Constructions:
 -Hide-y hole site with wheat farm
 -Some hut in the tundra
 -Brick Taiga Cabin
 -Small wooden tower (Stardust Tower)
 -Basic farms of all kinds in valley below Stardust Tower (Stardust Valley)
 -Boat dock
 -Large tower equipped with brewing stand, library and enchantment table, and bedrooms (Demonsplash Tower)

This map has a lot of history for me, and I'd like to play on it again. I doubt anybody would care about the place where I did all my Minecraft firsts, so I wouldn't use it on an LP unless you guys have some kind of connection. You don't need Blogger to comment! If you have been a ghost follower in the past, please show yourself to me! Just identify yourself somehow that I can tell who you are for the future!

Perhaps I can do more firsts on this map in the future, or use it as my Across the Map Map? (Heh. I said map twice.) I may show it on-camera sometime, but I won't be playing it soon. Minecraft 1.7 caused high altitudes in cold biomes to gain snow, and I prefer my hills to be green.

Feedback to give for Stardust: 
Let me know if you are interested in seeing this world in the future. I'd honestly be fascinated to hear any ideas on things that I can do on this world. I could make it my place to experiment.

But, the big problem is the snow. If anyone has ideas of how to keep my hills green, please tell me! Maybe I can figure something out with giant trees or Glowstone boulders? If there is a season mod that isn't too complicated, and that can allow me to play the map on Vanilla (Minecraft without mods), I would love for you guys to tell me more about it. I will review it in another post.

So, a long time ago, I decided to get a YouTube channel. I have a Minecraft Let's Play, but it wasn't really anything of note; I had no dynamic, and I didn't post new episodes often at all. I figure it wasn't really into it. For the LP, I began a new map, and worked on it for a while. Yeah, all my builds were kind of boring to see worked on.





Map Status - LP World:

Personal Accomplishments:
 -Enchanted full-iron work tools
 -Diamond specialty tools
 -Fully equipped Enchantment Table (as you can tell)
 -A lot of redstone (Don't feel like looking, and can't remember exactly.)
 -About 16 blocks of Gold
 -63 Diamonds
 -Around 15 blocks of Iron
 -'Farms' for all farm-able crops bar Cactus and Potatoes
 -Automated farms for wheat, carrots, pumpkins and melons
 -Developing Villager village
 -Nether portal
 -Enough wither SKELETON skulls (Why does everyone call them Wither Skulls? Those are the Wither's projectiles...)
 -Horses!

List of builds:
 -Sort of really awesome house
 -Auto-Farm tower
 -Anasazian Cliff Village
 -2 tree farms, one of them for giant trees
 -Zombie experience farm
  -Blaze experience farm [Work In Progress]
 My plan for the world... I don't really know where I was going with it, but I was going to make a jungle city as my base. I thought about making a bunch of Nether tunnels. I also had a plan for a dye factory. But, I don't really feel like I was having fun exploring the world. I ended up using ADMIST, my seed-based biome finder to locate a flower forest. That's not to say I can't figure things out...

Feedback to give for my Let's Play world:

I need to know if you guys would prefer to see the LP continue on this world, where I am already comfortably established. I still have some things to build, but I have everything I need to do so.  I will put up a poll on the side, but you can also tell me why you voted what in the comments of this post. If you feel like you'd rather not see me try to get established on a new map, please submit that answer to the poll, or tell me in the comments!

I actually have already recorded footage for the first episode on the potential second Let's Play world. I managed to be a lot more productive than my first episode on the other world. It's being done on the seed that I was demonstrating on with the custom world generator. I decided that my dynamic would be to show off a new texture pack every several episodes (I use texture packs to refer to resource packs dedicated to textures; that's all old packs could change). Currently, I'm using Jehkoba's Fantasy (Jehkoba's Fantasy on Minecraft Forums). You can see it in the screenshot below.



Map Status - LP World II:

Personal Accomplishments:
 -Partial Level 1 enchanted iron tools (Almost...)
 -Simple wheat farm
 -A few spare Diamonds
 -Enchantment Table (why I don't have too many diamonds)
 -A minor amount of other ore products (I can't remember. It has been a few weeks since I recorded that episode. It was recorded over winter break.

This world has really good potential! I've seen rare biomes unusually close to the Spawnpoint, more so than normal. (They're still pretty far away. I speak relatively...) I like the spawn area, and I also have my custom world generator making the terrain a little more interesting. Honestly, I think I may be convincing myself to move over. XD

Feedback to give for the second LP World:

Hmm... There is a white line behind this, isn't there? I can't figure out how to stop that. :s 
Well, you guys are going to have to live with it. Sorry, guys! #.BlameBlogger in the comment section! Umm... No.

Anyways, if you have no interest in the original LP world, and don't mind seeing me start again with nothing,  please tell me so, or submit that answer on the side poll. I realize watching me get materials would be kind of boring. Maybe a cool pack to look at and smoother commentary will help make it enjoyable? If you have opinions on the series (as with all that I ask from you guys), what do you enjoy most from a Minecraft LP? I'm doing my best to create a unique and entertaining experience. (Admittedly, my quality is kind of poor. YouTube is just a hobby to me.)

If you have a favorite texture pack, I'd like to hear about it, and I may use it for some episodes in my LP, since that's what I will be doing!

Well, at long last, I think that's all for today. Answer the poll to the side: would you prefer to see a fairly well-established world, or a new map that I see potential in? In any case, I will begin to show off a new resource pack, using a new one after several episodes; regardless of what map we decide to play on.

More than always, your feedback is appreciated, and thanks for taking your time to read this post. I'll see you all next post. Until then!

1 comments:

Tamara H said...

I can see how all of your worlds have evolved with your skills! They are all beautiful in unique ways. I think you should continue to evolve and go for that new world!!

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs