Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some impromtu nostalgia

Hello, welcome back to  Across the Map!

Today, I am going to show you an average village.


You may ask: N8than, what are you up to? Is this just another seed review?
If so, I say keep guessing. If you already know what I'm up to, you are either Fire_Cat2000 or Cheffoo.

Next, I'm gonna show you a mountain.


If you know what I'm up to at this point, you've been on a world of the same seed, and you've been on with me.


Here's another nearby mountain.


If your name is Fire_Cat2000, my favorite Minecraft companion, and you haven't guessed what I'm up to today, here's a hint: you know this view better than you think.



Okay, if you don't recognize anything, here's a clearing behind a natural archway.


If you've recognized this, you are an Across the Map fan from a bit after this blog started.

If you haven't recognized anything, I am out of screenshots, except this...
IMPROMPTU BONUS SCREENSHOT OF  THE DAY!!! :) 

Here we see Mintz9 caught in a waterfall in the mines on the server.


My caption: When they say go with the flow, I don't think this is what they mean.

If you haven't guessed where I am, go look through my older posts.











































So, this is what I've been up to. This morning, I made a custom potion. I decided to go into another world with an extreme hills biome to test it out. I went in with MCEdit, added the kit that contained said potion, went in-game, and looked around. It turned out that it wasn't the world I thought it was. After about a minute, I realized which world I was in: the SERVER WORLD.

Allow me to explain. The world that our server uses was not the first to have that seed. The first was the one I was in. I generated it because I wanted a world that I could do random testing in. I like monsters, but superflat had too many slimes (which slime spawning wasn`t nerfed  in superflat at the time) and custom superflat worlds were not  a feature. I didn`t have MCEdit at the time, either. Therefore, my best option was to generate a default world, and hope I got some flat space. At the time, I was still trying to decide which world I wanted to run on the server. I discovered that the world I generated was cool enough to go on the server, so I generated another world with the same seed, and we used it on the server. The rest is another story.

Now, let`s look at the same camera angles, but on the present-day server world!



That mountain is now home to our no-so abandoned hide-y hole, sky resources and Fire_Cat2000`s orchard.


This hill hasn`t changed much. It more or less marks part of the current boundaries of Bluesun Village.

Obviously, the clearing is now the main part of Bluesun Village. The spawn was moved to the other side of the archway long ago.

Over the course of time, this village has suffered some player takeover, and more recently (*ahem*) some stripping and population loss. If anyone knows anything about this, I`d like to know, thank you very much.
 >:(



Well, that's it for today! As always, comments are appreciated, and thanks for stopping by!
See you all next post. Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs