Buggy Translator!

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, January 12, 2014

Finding a Good Seed to Film a Tutorial

Hello, I'm N8thanH, and welcome back to Across the Map.

So, here's the story. Fire_Cat2000 and I decided to film a Minecraft Survival Mode Tutorial series. We have already tried to film the first episode a couple of times. One time, the tutorial kind of went "boink" because we couldn't find coal. (Oh, and I still plan on posting that episode, just so newbies can see exactly what to do, IF they can't find coal!)

So I have decided that we need to find a good seed to use, and thought I'd bring you guys along as I try different seeds.

First, though, I'd like to talk about what I want to see...

My most desired world would have a forest biome near spawn, but not too big of a forest, a hill, with a decent Coal vein in the side, and level with our height, when we stand next to it, sort of like this:


Anyways, I also want to see a pine forest, er, some spruce trees (I almost forgot that they can be found in other biomes now!) and a savanna biome somewhere, so we can use spruce and acacia wood for building, but mostly the spruce.

For building our base, a plains hill along the coast would be really nice for my plan to build a wooden, rustic-ish village, with some farms/gardens with wooden walkways, gravel roads connecting everything, a hand-planted bluff of trees, and a little wooden house overlooking all of it.

Okay. Now that that is out of the way, let's start looking for just the right seed!

Seed #1: Sunkiss

Just great. We get a Null Pointer Exception error. :p I hope the world will still start! (Why did this happen, anyway? Someone please tell me!)


Oh. It's just a Tundra. This will never work. I've survived in one of these once, and I don't feel like doing it again!


Hey, it's a Taiga. I can't lie, this reminds me of the first world I ever played, you know, the one with Stardust Valley? (Oh, and remind me to work on that world again. I was renovating Stardust Valley, but haven't gotten around to finishing it.)


Bottom line: these tundras are pretty huge. Not where I want to settle, and I'm no expert, but the snow could cause problems with the video.

Seed #2: Guideline (Don't judge me.)

OOOH! I like this one so far! Let's see if we can find a decent coal vein! How about we try that savanna mountain?



I looked around the Savanna hills, and found this way on the other side of the biome, from where we were. It could work... I'll mine out the coal blocks, and we'll see what we find.


The grand total: six blocks. I've seen better.


This tree is strange! It seems to have grown through the ground.


Surprisingly, there isn't much stone in the hills.


 Most of the coal seems to be in the caves, but I don't want to teach newbies that yet, and get them killed by monsters!


Well, I headed in the opposite direction; into the Plains. This spot is neat. It has some potential for our home!


I traveled a bit, and spotted this. Neat! It's a hidden water pool! (But seriously. These water (and lava) pools spawn way too often. Please nerf.)

I also found this not too far away! This seed sure doesn't disappoint! Oh, and hopefully we can find some Spruce Trees there.


Here is some coal, not far from the hidden water pool I liked. I suppose it's worth testing!


I forget what the count was. I think it was about twenty, and look at the size of this pocket! I think we have a winner!


Here is what I'm envisioning: we could go up the hill from the gentler part, off to the side of this spot, dig a little staircase to the hideout, make one of my beacons to mark the hide-y-hole, and light up the top, so monsters never spawn up top trouble us! Carving the hole out would also not be a bad option.



Here is what I came up with for the hole, but it probably will be more abstract when we actually do it.

Oh, yeah, and I found more coal. Bonus!!


Once again, a pretty decent yield (about 15)! At this point, we'd have coal to play around with! :D


Well, that was easier than expected. This seed is pretty much perfect, so that's all for today. As always, your feedback is very much appreciated, and thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll see you all next post. Until then!

0 comments:

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs