Monday, April 22, 2013

Ultra-Rare Find: Thorns 3 Book!

Hello, I'm N8thanH, and welcome back to Across the Map!

I'm sorry this post is shorter than usual, but I wanted to be the first to show off something I believe to be extremely rare; something I believe that only a select few of us on Bluestrike know about: an enchanted book of Thorns 3. Yes, you heard me right.

Its location is in a mineshaft that ThunderrrCat and I found while exploring a cave she found trying to open a Nether portal to somewhere that could be her territory. Therefore, I give her most of the credit of finding the book.

(Also, I give full permission, and encourage anyone who can to put these discoveries on the Minecraft Wiki, screenshots included. (But you probably won't need the ghast, because that screenshot is weird and pointless.))

Anyway, here are some screenshots.

The chest containing the book.


The chest's contents. Yeah, there's the Thorns 3 book!



Oh, and maybe you don't understand the book's value? Well, this enchantment can only be obtained on a golden chestplate at level 30, with chances that are less than 0.1%, as far as I know. However, this is a book. So, I believe this is the only way to get this enchantment in book-form. Even then, I don't know how common they are. Anyway...

If you find the book on survival mode, you can freely apply it to your favorite chestplate! Also, feel free to treat yourself to the nearby diamonds.


Not to mention the Impromptu Random Bonus Screenshot of the Day, which is a ghast flying through some netherrack in the Far Lands.



(WARNING: lame joke! :p) My caption: what is that guy doing? He must have his head in the Far Lands...

Well, that's it for today! As always, feedback is appreciated, and thanks for stopping by my blog!
See you all next post. Until then!

1 comments:

Tamara H said...

Looks pretty cool! I can see now why you were so excited!

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs