Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Customized World Generator: "N8's Edge" - A More Interesting Default


Hello, I'm N8thanH, and welcome back to Across the Map!

A few nights ago, I was randomly thinking about my Minecraft LP, about how fun my old survival world was, and how fun my LP world tends not to be; yeah, bad time to be contemplating at random. I soon found myself in an annoying dilemma: too inspired to sleep; too tired to create. :( I saw that on an Instagram photo. I'm @N8thanH, by the way! I draw ridiculous stuff that I feel like!

Well, anyways, I had some ideas, which I will go into further detail another time. I don't need to stuff this post full of my rambling, which I'm apparently good at. But, in my current LP world, I am already settled, and on my way to building a Blaze farm. I'm pretty wealthy, for that regard; I have a stack of Diamonds, and about half a stack of iron blocks.

I need more adventure to my craft. So, I plan on starting a new map soon. But, the thing is that the current generator tends to make terrain that looks nearly exactly the same on every map; there is almost no variation at all anymore. Our seeds hardly seem special. I blame Mojang for changing Extreme Hills generation.
What Extreme Hills used to look like. It was like this wherever you went. Still doesn't compare to 1.0. <3
Luckily, as you may know, Mojang implemented the new Customized world type. I toyed around with it, and got some pretty awesome results. I decided to try a random seed: Cheeseblock, just to see what I could do to the generator. This is the preset I came up with.


Umm... Those codes are huge. I tried pasting it into Blogger, but my broswer went down to far less than 1 Frame per Second.

Instead, here is a link to a PasteBin page with the code on it.

http://pastebin.com/1X2UFaDH


As far as most biomes go, this forest is as interesting as it gets.


Now, observe as my custom generator adds a little extra kick. t:


By the way, I'm currently using Cloud 16. Catch a sneak peak at what you can.

So, I found the weakest Extreme Hills I've ever seen. Pathetic. There is nothing but quarrying space behind me.


My generator at least makes the little hill that does exist a bit cooler. Ah, well. I guess it can't be helped much. :t


Now, I have a special hatred of the new 1.8 stone variants. I decided to turn down their spawn rate a fair amount, and they don't spawn at all below layer 21.

Here is my best result, and it's right by spawn. You see this cute little hill pass? Yeah, it's kind of nice...





Sure, but it turns into a HOODOO, with a river passing through the cleft between it and the cliff to the side!

This generator almost reminds me of Minecraft Beta. I assume almost nobody has seen Beta's old generator, so Google some screenshots of it. It's hard to re-create that kind of variation, without sacrificing good building space. Still, this generator can create some of the smaller formations.

Well, that's it for today. As always, your feedback is appreciated, and thanks for stopping by! I'll see you all next post. Until then!



1 comments:

Tamara H said...

Very interesting! The hoo-doo hills are so unexpected!

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs