Buggy Translator!

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Building a House in a Natural Moss Stone Boulder - Minecraft Challenge

Hello, I'm N8thanH, and welcome back to Across the Map.

So, I noticed on the Minecraft Wiki that it says you can't live in Moss Stone boulders. You know, like the ones you find in Mega Taiga biomes? Today, we're going to mock the Wiki, by converting one into a house. >:D

Luckily, I have one of those biomes on my LP world, so we'll build there. But, they were right that the boulders are usually too small to live in, so let's look for some that have generated directly next to each other.

I found one right here. Your next step is to dig it out, to see how much space we'll have.


Tip: if you own a silk touch tool and you're playing on Survival mode, use it to dig the Podzol! Then, you can take it home to use elsewhere.

 After digging out the boulder, this is what I got. I think we might be able to make it work! If you aren't confident with your boulder, then you can look for another to try. No worries! :)


Now on to hollowing it out. I wanted to build this house while maintaining the original shape of the boulder, while finding room for a large chest, furnace, crafting table, and working bed. Just be careful not to break down a wall.

Okay, this is what I came up with in the way of hollowing out. I'm not sure about this... I think we can do it, though. Alright, I'll say it now: this is not going to be a clean house. That simply isn't much of an option.


With this challenge, I decided that it would be cheating the Wiki to use anything else than a Bed, Crafting Table, two Chests, and a Furnace. So, try to use these blocks to plug up any openings! Here are some screenshots of what I came up with!



The crafting table is up there to permit spawning by the bed, and to plug the hole.

This house is extremely minimalist, but a home is a home, so we might as well make it pleasant. Using full glass blocks is really cheaty for this challenge, so I ban that, but I allow glass panes. Just as a personal choice, I decided to add a wooden floor.


I wanted to exit the bed inside the house, so I had to add these two blocks. But, I promise you; they don't expand upon the house's space at all!


Anyways, I think that's everything for this week. However, sometime next week, I believe Fire_Cat2000 will be building a boulder house sometime next week! There is a link on the side. Look out for that! (But, I have this feeling I forgot something... If I did, I'll edit it into the post.) As always, your feedback is appreciated, and thanks for stopping by!

   I'll see you all next post. Until then!

1 comments:

Tamara H said...

Very cool! You did it! Now wiki will be eating their words.

\8D/

\8D/
My ever-changing Minecraft skin...

Which World is Best to Play On?

Fire_Cat2000's Blogs